Steel and aluminum siding hold a lot of appeal for homeowners. Both materials offer exceptional beauty, efficiency, and durability. If you’re thinking about replacing the siding on your home, but aren’t sure what option is right for you, you’ll want to learn more about the materials that are available to you. Each material offers its own unique set of benefits, and there is a solution for virtually any siding need.
Steel and aluminum siding offer many similar benefits, but each have a few of their own unique properties. Here are some of the primary benefits of each material:
Steel siding has become increasingly popular, and this newfound popularity is well-deserved! Quality steel siding gives your home a more eye-catching exterior, and provides several other benefits:
- Environmentally Friendly. Unlike some siding materials there is very little waste produced from steel siding installation. Because steel is recyclable, any leftover material can be re-used rather than discarded.
- Energy Efficiency. Steel siding has other eco-friendly benefits! It also reflects heat, which keeps your home cooler during the hot summer months. By keeping your home cool, your new siding can help you cut back on energy costs.
- Long Lasting. Sun exposure and extreme weather can take a toll on the appearance of your siding. While some materials fade over time, steel siding doesn’t fade. Not only will your siding look new for longer, but you also have more color options to choose from.
To get the most out of your investment, we highly recommend hiring a professional to install your steel siding. They’ll make sure your new siding is installed properly, and provide you with the information you need maintain it.
Aluminum siding is another popular material, and it offers excellent insulation for your home. Here are just a few of the other benefits this material has to offer:
- Waterproof. Aluminum siding is completely waterproof, does not rot or facilitate the growth of mildew, and doesn’t rust. If you’re concerned about moisture in your home, you may want to select aluminum siding.
- Resists Extreme Cold. Our cold Minnesota winters can wreak havoc on the exterior of your home. Aluminum siding is not affected by extreme cold, and can withstand incredibly cold weather without becoming brittle or cracking.
- Recyclable. As with steel, aluminum can be melted and remade into other objects. The manufacturing process also requires very little energy.
- Low Maintenance. Aluminum siding requires virtually no maintenance. You can enjoy the beauty of your new siding for many years with very little work.
As with steel siding, we suggest hiring a professional to install your aluminum siding for the best possible results.
Whether you choose steel or aluminum siding, you’ll be making an important investment in your home. Both materials are beautiful, durable, and are available in a wide array of long-lasting colors. If you’d like to learn more about these materials, contact the experienced siding contractors at Craftmasters Remodeling. We’ll answer any questions you might have, and provide you with the information you need to make the right decision for your home.
Our goal is to help you make a decision you’ll feel confident about. The experienced siding contractors at Craftmasters Remodeling will complete your project quickly, safely, and to the highest possible standards. Before beginning your project, we’ll also provide you with an accurate and competitive price, so there are no surprises.
Choosing new replacement siding is a major decision, but the siding contractors at Craftmasters Remodeling can make the process simple and stress-free! Give us a call at 651-757-4100 to learn more about the materials we offer, our installation process, and discover what options are right for your home.