A roofing contractor plays an important role in improving your home. A properly installed new roof will keep you and your home safe and protected from the elements, adds value to your home, and improves its energy efficiency. Because your roof is one of the most important components of your home’s structure, making decisions about repairing or replacing your roof can seem more than a little bit daunting.
If you’re concerned about the condition of your roof, we highly recommend contacting a roofing contractor. They will have the knowledge and experience needed to guide you toward the right decision. Not sure if it’s time to talk to an expert? Here are a few questions to consider:
How do I know if it’s time to replace my roof?
No roofing material lasts forever, and every roof will need to be replaced eventually. One of the main causes of damage or deterioration is weathering. Weather and temperature extremes can take a major toll on your roof, and after many years of exposure to these extremes, your roof may need to be replaced. There are a few things you can look at to help determine if it’s time to hire a roofing contractor:
- Perform an inspection of your roof from the ground. Use a pair of binoculars if necessary, and check your roof for any shingles that are missing, curling at the edges, or are otherwise damaged. Do not climb on your roof to inspect the condition of your shingles, as this is dangerous and can also cause further damage to your roofing.
- If possible, go into your attic and inspect the underside of your roof. You’ll want to take note of any staining or moisture, which can indicate the presence of a water leak.
If this cursory inspection turns up signs of damage, we suggest contacting a roofing contractor to have them take a closer look.
How do I know if I need a repair or a full replacement?
Roofing shingles can sometimes be repaired if damage has occurred that hasn’t affected the overall integrity of the material. If your roof system was not installed properly, it’s possible that some sections of the roof are salvageable. Roofing that is old and decaying should be fully replaced. A qualified roofing contractor can help assess the current condition of your roof and provide you with their recommendations.
How do I choose the right roof for my home and budget?
There are many roofing materials available, making it easier to find the right combination of price and good looks. For the best in value and quality, we are proud to feature the GAF line of roofing products.
Founded in 1886, GAF Materials Corporation has grown to be one of North America’s largest and most respected building products manufacturers. GAF’s quality products are regularly recognized by leading industry experts, including:
- Voted “Best In Class” in the Roofing category by subscribers of Professional Builder Magazine.
- GAF shingles were selected for three straight years for Life Magazine’s “Dream House
- Awarded #1 visual brand by Life Magazine
- Named #1 in shingle and ridge vent quality by home builders (2005 study)
You can count on the qualified roofing contractors at Craftmasters Remodeling for quality work at a fair and competitive price. We take pride in the quality of our workmanship, professionalism, and our customer’s satisfaction with our completed projects.
Replacing your roof doesn’t have to be a hassle. Give us a call at 651-757-4100 to learn more about the installation process, and discover what options are available to you. We’ll make the whole process as quick, simple, and stress-free as possible!